Jaguar Repair/XJ6 Turn Signal Problem

Question
QUESTION: I have a 1984 Series 3 XJ6. My left turn signal will not blink despite the correct Jaguar recommended bulbs in place. The left one operates both as a turn signal and as a parking light but  the right bulb will only light as a parking light. Where does  the ground for these bulbs terminate so I can clean it? Also when my operating right turn signal blinks the in-dash hazard indicator light blinks in unison with the green turn signal light. Should it do that? I just replaced the hazard flasher switch in the column. Do you think the connections there might be the problem area.

ANSWER: First check the connections under the fender near the lights. The light can be unplugged near them. You may have a bad turn signal switch. The other problems may be caused by a bad turn signal switch. Sam

QUESTION: The wiring coming out of the turn signal light goes into a wiring harness cover. How far up does the disconnect lie?  Is it behind the headlight? I had read that the ground for the turn signals is in the hazard flasher relay under the dash next to the fuse box. Is this correct?

Answer
I do not believe that you that you have a ground problem. Recheck you flasher switch installation and make sure that you do not have any bear wires. The ground for the lights go to the main ground. Without being there, this is about all I can tell you. Sam  

Jaguar Repair

Sammie H. Parker