Jaguar Repair/Location of AC Compressor Fuse or Relay on a 1986 Jaguar XJ6

AC system has a good Compressor, full of Freon but no electricity . All fuses in fuse box look good. Need the location of Clutch Fuse or Relay.

Hi Hezekiah,

The Climate control system in a Jag is a complicated system that uses two fuses, an anti-ice unit and a servo unit to control the system.

The fuses you can look at are the #6 fuse (35a) in the main fues panel under the drivers dash and #16 fuse (50a) in the Aux fuse panel under the dash on the passenger's side.

Keep in mind that the clutch will still not engage unless the "High Side" Low pressure switch makes a ground at the compressor.

The wire (green w/brown tracer) comes from the servo and anti-ice unit through the firewall at (CF-3) (behind the battery)

If you don't have a good wiring diagram for the system let me know and I will put one on my web site for you to copy.

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

Jaguar from the XK 120 to XJ-6 ser. 3 1987

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000