Jaguar Repair/ceramic protector

On my dash swing out panel,behind the battery gauge I have something that looks like my ballast resister looks like. Today when I was ordering my voltage stabilizer I saw in the sng parts catalgue a part that was the one that I have never know what it was . I am not sure if this is the right name, but here goes,ceramic protector , there are no wires to it ,is mounted on two post, screwed to the panel. Is white about 2" long and held on the metal frame with two twisted wires,i was hoping that u could tell me what it is and what function it as if any.  Just a guess could this be the panel light switch resistor that I do not  understand what it is or were it is .
Mike    P.S.can't wait to here what u think this is and what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Mike, I don't remember any wire wound resistor behind the instrument panel. All of the dash light reastats in Jaguars that I remember were round with a knob to control it. The only other resistor in the car is the resistor for the heater fan speed control. but it will have wires going to it from heater fan. Does your heater fan operate?

If there are no wires to it then it has no function. Take a photo of it and send it to me.

Even though it has been many years since I have worked on E-types I worked on many as I was at Two Jaguar dealerships in Jax FL which was "Port of Entry" for Jaguar and I attended all the factory schools at the Jaguar Zone office there in Jax.

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

Jaguar from the XK 120 to XJ-6 ser. 3 1987

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000