Jaguar Repair/heat shield

Question
Hello Howard
 I took the day off from the electric, and worked on my engine bay. I took off my upper heat shield and cleaned it up and it come out real nice , but I need to replace the backing on the shield, I believe it is asbestos, and I need to replace it. I don't no what to replace it with , I was hoping u would have some suggestion. I don't think u can buy asbestos
Mike
Thanks again
(heat shield protecting reservoirs)

Answer
That may be difficult to find the asbestos as it has been outlawed for many things. The only thing I can think of it to try all the online Jag parts suppliers. I have done a lot of dealings with Engel Imports and Moss Motors. I doubt they will have the asbestos alone but they may have the heat shield with the asbestos attached. They both have toll free numbers on their web sites.

Howard

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III