Jaguar Repair/heat shield

Hello Howard
 I took the day off from the electric, and worked on my engine bay. I took off my upper heat shield and cleaned it up and it come out real nice , but I need to replace the backing on the shield, I believe it is asbestos, and I need to replace it. I don't no what to replace it with , I was hoping u would have some suggestion. I don't think u can buy asbestos
Thanks again
(heat shield protecting reservoirs)

That may be difficult to find the asbestos as it has been outlawed for many things. The only thing I can think of it to try all the online Jag parts suppliers. I have done a lot of dealings with Engel Imports and Moss Motors. I doubt they will have the asbestos alone but they may have the heat shield with the asbestos attached. They both have toll free numbers on their web sites.

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

Jaguar from the XK 120 to XJ-6 ser. 3 1987

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000