Jaguar Repair/87 JAG

Question
HI:
GOT A 87 JAG WITH A CORVETTE LT1 WITHIN..MONSTER ON OPEN ROAD TURNING ABOUT 19 RPMS @ 70 MPH SMOOTH.GREAT MPG @ that speed. question...my right side headlight/
tail light is not working when i turn on the lights...i checked the fuse and the
fuse is not blown. Got any idea why such a thing is happning?
REGARDS,
RICHARD

Answer
Hi Richard,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. You have more the one circuit that has failed. I can help you with this but you need to give me more info. You said the right head light and the tail light are out. You didn't tell me if the right front parking light is also out and what about the side marker lights front and rear? What about the high / low beams ? Is your "Bulb Failure" warning light lit on the dash?

The head lights and parking lights share no fuse nor any circuit. So before you send me the above info, you should check both bulbs.

I learned that to test any electric circuit I needed to start testing at the "Load" (bulbs) and test along the circuit toward the "Source" (Light switch in your case)one joint at a time.
You will need either a 12v test light or a volt meter and most of all a wiring diagram. I can be your wiring diagram and guide. My method is a 100% fix rate procedure. If you follow my exact directions it is impossible to fail to fix this problem.

First answer my questions above and get a 12v test light if you don't have one.

Howard  

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III