Jaguar Repair/zs 175cdse

Resolved float bowl with bit more resolve resulting in a sharper whack...
Got the float bowl plug out... the o-ring was a bit sticky with a dried brownish material along the top edge the color of cardboard that having been wet dryed and bleached in the sun...and it appeared dry not wet and a bit sticky like the o-ring it was encrusted on...
The o-ring itself other than wet and a bit sticky was in good shape?
Ethanol reaction?
Need I pull the spindle?
How much of a tear down do you suggest?

You need to be careful around that bottom plastic plug as they break easily.

The only thing I don't remove unless they have too much free play is the throttle shafts. The items that I always replace is float needle and seat, decel diaphragm and top piston diaphragm. and sometimes the main metering needle. If the carb is the model that had the spring loaded valves in the throttle butterfly, they always need replacing (or eliminating)

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

Jaguar from the XK 120 to XJ-6 ser. 3 1987

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000