Jaguar Repair/zs 175cdse

Question
Resolved float bowl with bit more resolve resulting in a sharper whack...
Got the float bowl plug out... the o-ring was a bit sticky with a dried brownish material along the top edge the color of cardboard that having been wet dryed and bleached in the sun...and it appeared dry not wet and a bit sticky like the o-ring it was encrusted on...
The o-ring itself other than wet and a bit sticky was in good shape?
Ethanol reaction?
Need I pull the spindle?
How much of a tear down do you suggest?
Thanks
David

Answer
You need to be careful around that bottom plastic plug as they break easily.

The only thing I don't remove unless they have too much free play is the throttle shafts. The items that I always replace is float needle and seat, decel diaphragm and top piston diaphragm. and sometimes the main metering needle. If the carb is the model that had the spring loaded valves in the throttle butterfly, they always need replacing (or eliminating)

Howard

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III