Jaguar Repair/1977 xj6L

Question
QUESTION: Howard
All xj6 L have power antennas?
Mine has no white pink wire and co-ax is only connection...
Thank you
David

ANSWER: Hi David,

All Xj-6 cars I seen had electric antenna but not sure if all were a dealer installation or a factory installed. I do remember that starting in the mid 60's all E-type jags came with factory installed electric antenna. So I am sure all the XJ-6 cars came with electric antenna. Another reason I say that is because I have a factory electrics training manual on the XJ-6 and XJ-S and they list electric antenna from the factory but with two possible types of radios.

I did however run across a Euro version of the XJ-6 once in a dealership that had a manual lift antenna and it was a Bosch antenna and was flush mounted and a small Bosch key was with the car so you could unlock the antenna and you could pull it out manually. All the ones sold through our dealership had electric. You could spot the manual ones by the two notches in the end tip of the antenna for the little key to fit into.

Howard

badda
badda  

badda
badda  
QUESTION: Badda-boom, badda-bing?
This mean the whole circuit does not exist?
David

Answer
Hi David,

If that key unlocks the antenna and you can pull it up by hand then there is no electrics to it. I remembered the Bosch antennas having two ears on the key to unlock it and then you raised it by hand. That one must be a different brand.

Howard

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III