Jaguar Repair/1977 xj6 cabin water leaks

Hello Howard
So pulled dash and interior to view windshield seal. No rust no watersign.
Did find leakage from pedal box on drivers side and evidence of a lesser leak from the platform the battery sits on.
Also when I pulled the back passenger driver side interior door panel noticed evidence of moist swelling/deformation of the (cardboard?) backing panel.
Intend to check all doors now.
Recommend a fix for the engine compartment?
The door panels/door I imagine would be the door/ window seals?
Thank you

Hi David,

I have noticed that problem in all the XJ-6 cars and as best I can tell it is the flat shelf area at the rear corners under the hood (bonnet). My own car leaks in on the floor boards when I park the car outside and it rains but only if I park it so the front of the car is higher then that rear. I tried parking with the rear of the car higher (sloped driveway) then the front and it does not leak then. I have not corrected mine yet but it is obvious the drip rail around the hood is collecting water and that is draining inside the peddle area.

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

Jaguar from the XK 120 to XJ-6 ser. 3 1987

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000