Jaguar Repair/1977 xj6 cabin water leaks

Question
Hello Howard
So pulled dash and interior to view windshield seal. No rust no watersign.
Did find leakage from pedal box on drivers side and evidence of a lesser leak from the platform the battery sits on.
Also when I pulled the back passenger driver side interior door panel noticed evidence of moist swelling/deformation of the (cardboard?) backing panel.
Intend to check all doors now.
Recommend a fix for the engine compartment?
Silicone?
The door panels/door I imagine would be the door/ window seals?
Thank you
David

Answer
Hi David,

I have noticed that problem in all the XJ-6 cars and as best I can tell it is the flat shelf area at the rear corners under the hood (bonnet). My own car leaks in on the floor boards when I park the car outside and it rains but only if I park it so the front of the car is higher then that rear. I tried parking with the rear of the car higher (sloped driveway) then the front and it does not leak then. I have not corrected mine yet but it is obvious the drip rail around the hood is collecting water and that is draining inside the peddle area.

Howard

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III