Jaguar Repair/cigar lighter

Question
Howard
Also a little confused that both wiring diagrams, the color one I sent you and the one in the factory manual only depict the purple wire and the ground connected to the lighter when in reality 4 wires,: the purple from the fuse box, the black ground that shares  connector with a white/slate wire and a white/red that I assume is a light bulb affixed to the side of the lighter housing.
Again the r/w and w/ slate are not shown in the diagram.
Shed some light on this?
Thank you,
David

Answer
When the diagram does not show wires to any small light attached to the lighter case, that diagram was for one of the later Jags that use fiber optics to light up the plastic ring around the lighter. The end wire connector on the cigar lighter should only have one purple wire on it and one black ground wire on the case itself. Any additional wires to a light will only go to the small bulb mounted on the side of the lighter unit. (If it has a light)

Howard

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III