Jaguar Repair/transmission fluid/filter change

Is this any different on a Jag than any other car with an automatic transmission?
Type F or FA fluid?
Dextron for a softer shift?
Thank you,

Hi David,

You will have to remind me what Jaguar this is. I seem to remember you had a early XJ-6 but that does not matter because the transmission in the early Jags was a Borg Warner 33 and the later XJ-6 was a Borg Warner 66. Even the Daimler (XJ-6) used Borg Warner automatic transmissions (BW 12 and BW 65) Both are conventional automatic transmissions. As I remember the book says use Type "G" which is not available in the US. So I believe all of them use Dextron as you say for a soft shift and normally use Type "F" or "FA".

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

Jaguar from the XK 120 to XJ-6 ser. 3 1987

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000