Jaguar Repair/WASHER WON't run

Question
QUESTION: REMANUFACTURED WIPER NEW WIPER SWITCH AND FUSE IS NOT BLOWN.WIPERS STILL WILL NOT WORK...WHAT IS  THIS WORLD COULD BE THE PROBLEM? I ALSO CHECKED THE RELAY....
REGARDS,
RICHARD

ANSWER: Hi Richard, You need to tell me what year and model Jaguar this is so I can try to help.

Howard

QUESTION: 1987 JAGUAR XJ6 SERIES 111.
HOPE THIS HELPS.
REGARDS,
RICHARD

Answer
Hi Richard,

The wipers and washer have nothing to do with each other. Except the washer switch is in the wiper handle and they both use the same ground. They are two different circuits so you will have to test them separately.

I learned when you have two or more circuits that have failed you should take the easiest circuit to trace and fix. Many times that will lead to the failure of the other.

Washers that won't run is the simplest to fix so start there. I also found that starting at the "Load" (item that don't work) and test it and at each joint going toward the "Source" (Power supply).

In the case of a washer motor, it actually has two circuits, a power circuit and a ground circuit. So you will need to test in two directions. Start at the Light Green wire on the washer motor for power. Use a 12v test light and you should find it powered with the Key in the "ON" position. If there is no power check the # 11 fuse in the main panel (35 amp). If the fuse has power on both ends then you need to test each joint in the harness (Light Green) wire.
If all that is good connect your clip of your test light on a 12v power supply and start testing the Light Green w/Black tracer wire form the washer motor to the switch in the wiper lever. (You don't need to take the switch apart just check the wire at the multi plug connector of the wiper switch.) You have to test it with the button pushed in. If you don't have a good ground then test the Black wire in that multi wiper switch plug connector. It must be a good ground for the washers and the wipers to work.

Let me know the results of those tests and I will give you the tests for the Wipers.

Howard

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III