Jamaica/Help! Which route is best?

Question
I am an American citizen and my boyfriend lives in Jamaica. We would like to marry, but unsure of which way to go. Some say marry in Jamaica first then file for him. Others say apply for the fiancÚ visa, then marry him within 3 months of his arrival. Help! I need to know which route is the fastest and least expensive way to go?  Currently, we are planning to get married in Jamaica December 2012. Then I file once I return to the U.S. in Jan. 2013. Once he arrives in the States, we would like to return to Jamaica In June and renew our vows at a resort. I just don't want to waist time or money but need to know which is the best route to go. Most say applying for a fiancÚ visa because it is faster. Others say marry first in Jamaica cuz it is faster.

Answer
Dear Rosalyn,

Thank you for your kind email, and may I say that I am unsure of the best way to go.

What I can say is that a lot of couples get married here in Jamaica, then file after. Some guests get through with US Visa quickly, some have to go a several appointments at the US Embassy before getting through.

I also know people who file to go to the US on a visitor's or fiance visa and get married in the US, but I do not know about the procedures.

So I cannot tell which is best, as both do work, and I am very sorry to not be able to recommend you to the less costly nor fastest method.

Wishing you both to be together soon,

Isabelle Stewart

Jamaica

Isabelle Stewart