Jamaica/Civil wedding in Jamaica

Question
Hi

Im trying to find out if i will have any problem getting married in Jamaica. Im Polish and my fiance is Scottish and we want to have a civil ceremony in Jamaica. Do i need to have UK passport to get married there?? Im also divorce but i divorced here in Scotland and got my decree absolute,what other documents i need to have my dream wedding??
Please help!!!

Magda

Answer
Good morning Magda,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding ! and do thank you for your kind message.

Based on the information you have shared with me, you will not have any difficulty getting married in Jamaica.

The documents you will require are as follows, and should be provided to your wedding planner, resort or person applying for your Marriage License at least 2 months prior to your Wedding Date.

Copies of both your Birth Certificates (in English)
Copies of your Divorce Decree and your fiance's should he have been previously married also
Copies of both your Drivers Licenses or Passports for photo ID's.

Unsure however if you are a UK Citizen, or living in the UK, I am not able to advise you on how to proceed with registering your Marriage. I know that Nationals of Poland do need to proceed with some legalities of documents here in Jamaica.

Hoping that this information is useful, I wish you to have a Beautiful Dream Wedding,

Isabelle

Jamaica

Isabelle Stewart