Raving Sunset
Raving Sunset  
Hi How are You? Im Jamaican and i have a boyfriend who is a national of 3 different countries, Switzerland, USA and South Africa and im travelling next year to get married but i dont have much information as it will be my first time travelling out of Jamaica. My question is what are the requirements or procedures be regarding getting married and living in any of the country stated, would i need a visa to travel to and live in any of the above countries permanently if i want to? Which would be the best option to choose?

Dear Leonie,

Good morning, how are you ?

Thank you so much for writing, however I do not have any knowledge on Swiss, American or African Marriage Requirements. Best to visit or contact their respective embassy or consulate here in Jamaica.

All three are listed on http://www.offshorewave.com/embassies_show.php?location_id=103 or http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-in/jamaica

I hope this is helpful, and that you will be able to travel abroad soon !

Isabelle Stewart

Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at weddingsbyisabelle@gmail.com

Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)