Jamaica/Can my marriage be annuled?

Question
Hi,I'm a 25 years old University student.I got married less than 2 months ago to a 47 years old American.He has been married twice and I've now found out that he's sick in the head.We didn't know each other much as we got married on his first trip to Jamaica.Can i get an annulment?

Answer
Dear Odeanisia,

Thank you for writing, and am afraid to say that you are not able to get an annulment, as all marriages are registered at the Registrar in Spanish Town.

I do recommend however that you get in touch with Legal Aid or contact the Supreme Court in Kingston for advise on how to proceed with a Divorce. I do not have any information on how to do so, but once a marriage was officially performed by a Marriage Officer, and you have signed these three white marriage certificates on your wedding day, your marriage has been registered.

I also do recommend you get in touch with whom assisted you with the wedding, and ask questions on how to proceed.

I am sorry for the situation you are in, and do remain at your disposition should there be anything at all I may be able to assist you further with,

Isabelle
weddingsbyisabelle@gmail.com

Jamaica

Isabelle Stewart