Jamaica/Trying to trace half sister

Hello Isabelle,
I have been trying to trace my half sister Carol Edith Ann Clarke (adopted name) for many years. Only this morning did I finally discover that she emigrated with her mother and 2 half siblings to Jamaica from England in 1952. We share our father (Stillman) and have different mothers. How can I find out if she married in Jamaica, or even if she left to go elsewhere? I know she married, because my father was asked whether he would give her away. She was born in 1937 - I want to be able to contact her before it is too late!

Dear Judy,

Thank you so much for writing and let me first say that I truly hope you will soon be re united with your half sister.

In the meantime, in order to retrieve marriage records, the following information will be needed.

Bride name at the time of the wedding
    Groom name
    Wedding Date
    Wedding Location
    Marriage Officer (if known)

The Registrar however doesn't have on file information on where the person resides.

May be there are some "Stillman" relatives in Jamaica who may be able to help, and using your father's name and his place of residence might be a good place to start.

I sincerely hope this first information is useful, and do remain at your disposition.

Isabelle Stewart

Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at

Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)