Jamaica/Obtaining a Jamaican marriage certificate

Hello Isabelle,

I will be getting married at a resort in Jamaica in about 4 weeks. I understand that the certificate we receive after the ceremony is not our marriage certificate. How do I go about obtaining my marriage certificate once I am back home. Is it up to the resort to arrange this? It has been very difficult getting answers from the resort and I have now learned that the resort will be closing down about a month after our wedding,so there will be no one to contact after the closing.
Any information you could give me would be helpful.

Thank you,

Dear Nancy,

Thank you so much for writing and wish to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding !!

May I ask which resort you will be planning on staying at ?

If the wedding planner at the Resort is assisting you with planning your wedding and applying for your Marriage License, most probably, your wedding planner will proceed with registering your Marriage at our Registrar in Spanish Town and obtain two Certified Marriage Certificates for you, and which they will be responsible to mail to you.

However the process in obtaining Certificates can take from 3 weeks to a little bit longer and do recommend you get in touch with your Wedding Planner. Should you tell me which resort it is, I will be more than happy to place a call for you.

Please do let me know if this would help, and wish you to have a safe evening,

Isabelle Stewart

Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at

Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)