Jamaica/Obtaining a copy of divorce decree

Hi Ms. Stewart. I got married to my ex wife in 2010 in Jamaica. She has told me she is currently getting the divorce done but will refuse to give me a copy of the divorce once its done in the last couple of weeks. Once i've been told the divorce is final how do i go about getting a copy for myself. I live in the US. i need to know where do i go to obtain a copy of the divorce for my self without any kind of conflict. Also can you tell what do i need to know/  what information do i need to about her. The only thing i remember about is her full name. I've finally found my soul mate and i would like to get married to her in Jamaica in October 2013. I just want really get help on this. can you please direct me....Thx so much!

Dear Troy,

May I say that I am sorry about the difficulty you are going through, and if I understand you well, you are divorcing someone from Jamaica ? Is the Divorce taking place in Jamaica ?

If this is the case, I think the best way to go about it is to contact the Legal Aid at the Supreme Court in Kingston and which is the Court which proceeds with Divorces.

I hope this is useful, and do apologize for not being able to provide more information.

Wishing you to have a safe new day,

Isabelle Stewart

Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at

Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)