You are here:

Jamaica/None and void divorce


Hi I hope you can help by giving me some good advice. I am a British national with unconditional stay rights in Jamaica. I currently live in Jamaica and will be looking to move back to the UK in Sept. I married a Jamaican citizen 2 months ago in may and 2wks after we were married I got to find out who he really is. I haven't slept with him for about 3wks and would like to file for a divorce before it gets any worse. Please tell me what my options are and how does the Gazette thing work?

Dear Sim,

Thank you for your kind message, and sorry to hear about your present situation. I am not very knowledgeable about Divorces, but do recommend you contact our Supreme Court in Kingston for advise from their Legal Aid, or Divorce Department.

The Supreme Court of Jamaica
Public Building E
134 Tower Street

Tel: 876-922-8300, 922-5606, 967-4859
Pager: 876-936-0869

I also do apologize as I do not understand what the Gazette means ?

Hoping this is helpful, I do wish you to have a safe evening,



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Isabelle Stewart


Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at


Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)

©2017 All rights reserved.