You are here:

Jamaica/Obtaining a Jamaican marriage certificate


Hello Isabelle,

My husband and I were married at Braco Village Hotel and Spa on May 7, 2013. I was told by the wedding coordinator that the marriage would be registered for us and the marriage certificate sent to us.
It has been three months and still no marriage certificate. I contacted the registrar general in Jamaica to inquire about the marriage certificate and was told they do not have any record of the marriage being registered.
They recommended that I contact the wedding coordinator at the resort, but the resort closed at the end of May and I can no  longer contact her.
I am not sure what to do now. I obviously want the marriage registered and to obtain my marriage certificate as I cannot legally change my name until I have it.
Could you please advise me as to what I need to do next to register my marriage.

Thank you,

Nancy Westlake

Dear Nancy,

Thank you so much for writing, and would love to see if I can be of any help.

What I could do is having you email me the provisional copy you had signed on your Wedding Day and call the Registrar if they can do a search with some of the information listed on it.

I will also see if I can get a number for anyone still responsible for the past operations of the Resort and keep you informed.

Should you also prefer we keep some of your information private, please feel free to email me at

I am sure the Wedding Coordinator or their Marriage Officer registered your Marriage, and I could have our local Registrar here check it out for you.

I hope this is a little helpful Nancy, and do look forward to hearing back from you soon again,



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Isabelle Stewart


Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at


Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)

©2017 All rights reserved.