Jamaica/birth certificate

Iam a Jamaican that lives in The Bahamas,I went to the Jamaican Embassy they had told me that my mother full name is not on my birth certificate only her first and last.However i got a correction of error form to fix it but how long do you think it would take to send it back to Jamaica by using the embassy in the Bahamas. how many days you think i will receive

Dear Mary,

Thank you for writing, and sadly, I do not have any knowledge on Birth Certificates and Administrative Operations out of the Bahamas.

I would however recommend you talk to the Jamaican Embassy in the Bahamas, and contact the RGD (Registrar General Department here in Spanish Town, as they are the ones making corrections of any Jamaica Birth, Death and Marriage Certified Copies.

I hope this helps a little, and hope you receive your Mother's corrected Certificate soon,

Isabelle Stewart

Independent Island Wedding Planner

Legal Marriage Documents

Guests Welcome Gifts

Tel. (876)609-1761

Cellular (876)479-9837

facebook : Weddings by Isabelle, Negril, JAMAICA

Isabelle Stewart

Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at

Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)