Jamaica/birth certificate

Question
Iam a Jamaican that lives in The Bahamas,I went to the Jamaican Embassy they had told me that my mother full name is not on my birth certificate only her first and last.However i got a correction of error form to fix it but how long do you think it would take to send it back to Jamaica by using the embassy in the Bahamas. how many days you think i will receive

Answer
Dear Mary,

Thank you for writing, and sadly, I do not have any knowledge on Birth Certificates and Administrative Operations out of the Bahamas.

I would however recommend you talk to the Jamaican Embassy in the Bahamas, and contact the RGD (Registrar General Department http://www.rgd.gov.jm/) here in Spanish Town, as they are the ones making corrections of any Jamaica Birth, Death and Marriage Certified Copies.

I hope this helps a little, and hope you receive your Mother's corrected Certificate soon,

Isabelle Stewart

Independent Island Wedding Planner

Legal Marriage Documents

Guests Welcome Gifts

Tel. (876)609-1761

Cellular (876)479-9837

weddingsbyisabelle@gmail.com

http://www.WeddingsByIsabelleJamaica.com

facebook : Weddings by Isabelle, Negril, JAMAICA

Jamaica

Isabelle Stewart