You are here:

Jamaica/divorce certificate


To my knowledge, only a receipt number that you would receive upon the process of Certified/Notarized Marriage Certificates will allow you to do a Marriage Record search online.
I got married in Jamaican in 2011 it was a notarized  marriage. My wife and I never lived together, we are nit communicating because it was a bad marriage. She told me she filled for the divorce. The fact that we are not in contact and I am now engaged to another woman in Jamaica and is planning to marry her nest year (smile) I would like to know if I am divorced. I have the marriage certificate and number etc in my possession. how do I find out if I am divorced.

Dear Barrington,

Thank you again for your inquiry, and did address your other inquiry. It seems as if both inquiries were the same.

I also do remain at your disposition should you need any additional information.

Wishing you to have a safe weekend,



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Isabelle Stewart


Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at


Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)

©2017 All rights reserved.