Jamaica/divorce certificate

I got married in Jamaica in 2011 my wife is Jamaican I reside in Canada. We have never lived together we are not in contact with each other because of not so good reason when I found out her intention for marrying me was not good. I would like to re-marry so I would like to know if the divorce was final like she said it was.

Dear Barrington,

Thank you for writing, and sadly, I do not have much knowledge about Divorce. However, most Divorces are being dealt at our Supreme Court in Kingston, Jamaica, which may be a place to look into.

I would also ask your wife to provide you with as much information and / or documentation.

Should you wish to keep this inquiry a little bit more private, please do not hesitate to email at

Wishing you to have a safe new day,

Isabelle Stewart

Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at

Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)