Jamaica/divorce certificate

Question
I got married in Jamaica in 2011 my wife is Jamaican I reside in Canada. We have never lived together we are not in contact with each other because of not so good reason when I found out her intention for marrying me was not good. I would like to re-marry so I would like to know if the divorce was final like she said it was.

Answer
Dear Barrington,

Thank you for writing, and sadly, I do not have much knowledge about Divorce. However, most Divorces are being dealt at our Supreme Court in Kingston, Jamaica, which may be a place to look into.

I would also ask your wife to provide you with as much information and / or documentation.

Should you wish to keep this inquiry a little bit more private, please do not hesitate to email at weddingsbyisabelle@gmail.com

Wishing you to have a safe new day,

Isabelle

Jamaica

Isabelle Stewart