please can you help us.my boyfreind married a british woman in jamaica in 2006 they came back to the uk to live.they stayed together until 2010 when he left the home and never saw or spoke to his wife again and does not want to.his visa ran out in september 2013 and was sent back to jamaica because off this.we are in love and he wants to be back here with me.we understand he has to get divorced first.so he has to do this from jamaica and wont contact his wife.please could you advise on how he can do this with very little money also.thankyou

Dear Sharron,

Thank you for your kind message, and sadly I am no expert in Divorce procedures, but do recommend that your boyfriend contacts our Supreme Court in Kingston for further assistance. This is where Divorces are being settled, and Legal Aid or other information may be easier to obtain there.

I hope this helps a little and that you will soon be able to be re-united again.

Isabelle Stewart


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Isabelle Stewart


Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at weddingsbyisabelle@gmail.com


Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.