Jamaica/visa question


My husband and i are relocating from the U.S. to Portmore for jobs at the new international hospital being built. We have a 16 year old daughter. The hospital will obtain our work visas, but how do I obtain a student visa for my daughter? We are looking to enroll her in school when we move.

Dear Jeanie,

Thank you for your kind email, and congratulations on coming to Jamaica to work !!

I however do not have any knowledge about Visas, and would recommend you contact the Jamaican Authorities in the US, as well as the US Authorities there and in Jamaica for further advise.

I also do hope this helps a little, and wish you to obtain your daughter's visa very soon,

Isabelle Stewart  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Isabelle Stewart


Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at weddingsbyisabelle@gmail.com


Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.