You are here:

Jamaica/Filing for a divorce in Canada while living in Jamaica


My wife is currently living and working in Canada. I am living in Jamaica. What steps do I need to take to get a divorce?

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing, and unfortunately, I do not have any knowledge about Divorces procedures. However, since you live in Jamaica, I recommend you contact the Supreme Court in Kingston, and ask them for advise.
I believe they can guide you more and advise you accordingly.

Wishing you to have a Blessed upcoming weekend,



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Isabelle Stewart


Originally from France, I moved to Jamaica 20 years ago, and am an independent Island Wedding Planner, in the Negril area. Knowing how to deal with the Legal Documents involved in all aspects of Weddings/Marriages, I also specialize in searching for Marriage Certificates that have been lost or need to be replaced as well as obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates. I am also able to help those who need to deal with the Legalization of Marriage for citizens of Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Mexico, and more non-english speaking countries. I would love to be of assistance and can be reached via this site or by email at


Having been a Wedding Planner for over 15 years, I can answer a lot of questions, and have been very successful obtaining new Jamaican Marriage Certificates for Individuals and Professionals.

A-Level, Major in English, French (France Educational Credentials)

©2017 All rights reserved.