Jamaica/Jamaican Honeymoon

Hey Pamela! My fiance and I want to go to Jamaica for our honeymoon, but we need a little help from someone who knows the area. We are both 20 years old and like the night life. We are planning on going around Aug./Sept. but we don't know which side - East or West - of the island would be more couple-friendly. We love beaches and people, but we don't want to be in a big crowd like Kingston. We were kind of thinking about going to Port Antonio... Ideas?? Good (but affordable) hotels or villas? Any input would be great! Thanks!

Hello Heidi

You don't want the Port Antonio area or Kingston.  For night life you will want to go to Montego Bay as they have some great night clubs.  Do you want an all inclusive so all your food and beverages are included during your stay?  As for what would be good for you will depend on what your definition of affordable is.  If you would drop me an email at along with your preferred travel dates, where you are traveling from so I can include the cost of the air, and what your desired budget is I will see if I can send you some options.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Pamela Smith

I consider Jamaica my "Home Away From Home". I love the island and the people. My expertise lies in the travel industry, so I can help you figure out which resort will fit your wants, desires and your budget. I can also recommend tours and activities that you can enjoy off property.

I travel often to Jamaica, and have stayed at many of the resorts. I am familiar with the difference's between the two sides of the island, and will be able to find the right resort to fit your vacation needs and your budget.