Jamaica/US vs Jamaican currency

Friends and I will be staying in a villa for a week and would like to know when paying staff or shopping, is it more advantagious to use Jamaican money?

No need to convert US dollars to Jamaican dollars as our money is readily accepted everywhere.  Simple conversion in your head will be to move the decimal over two spots, so if something shows $200 Jamaican than it is $2 US.  If you go to a grocery store or other stores  they will convert for you.  Do note that if you pay with cash you be given Jamaican dollars as change.  I encourage all my clients to purchase things in stores with a major credit card (not a debit card) and let the banks do the conversion.  Save the cash for little purchases, tips, etc.  

Pamela Smith

I consider Jamaica my "Home Away From Home". I love the island and the people. My expertise lies in the travel industry, so I can help you figure out which resort will fit your wants, desires and your budget. I can also recommend tours and activities that you can enjoy off property.

I travel often to Jamaica, and have stayed at many of the resorts. I am familiar with the difference's between the two sides of the island, and will be able to find the right resort to fit your vacation needs and your budget.