Japan/Acquisition of Birth Certificate from Naha City Hall

I wish to know how can I acquire a copy of my birth certificate from Naha City Hall office.I was born in Uruma City,Okinawa Ken and at present I live in Toki City,Gifu Prefecture.I need a copy of my birth certificate to be forwarded to the Philippine Embassy in Tokyo.How much shall I pay and whom will I contact?Do I need to go in Naha City Hall to get this?Hoping for your kind assistance.
Thanks a lot.

I am sorry for the delay in replying.

Where you should contact depends on your nationality. If you are a Japanese native, then you would have to contact the Naha City Hall. If you are a citizen of another country, I would go to the consulate or embassy for more information.

Try the web site for the embassy related to your country. I would suggest asking the Philippine embassy how to obtain the birth certificate...

I hope this helps!

Steve Battisti

I`m always willing to give help, or at least my opinions on things related to Japan. I think I'm especially strong at helping out non-native Japanese speakers with the language. Also, helping others understand the culture, such as U.S. businessmen who have to do business with Japanese. I'm not doing translations right now, unless it's just a phrase or a word. More of a language and general Japanese culture guy than a travel/history expert.

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot answer questions about the following:

• Pottery or art object - I strongly recommend you take these to an antique specialist
  • Finding people - I can't answer these. I just have no way of knowing if the person you're looking for WANTS to be found, and I'm just not willing to risk it. I recommend you contact a private investigator if you desperately need to find someone.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

10+ years of studying Japan and Japanese language. I lived there for 5 years, one as a student, four as a businessman. Most importantly, I lived there because I wanted to live there, not because someone sent me there!

BA in Japanese