Japan/Matcha (maccha)

I used to drink matcha. I recently started drinking it again. Before, I had just the right proportions of amount of tea powder and amount of water, along with temperature, how it's prepared, etc.

Right now, I am wondering about proportions again, I cannot remember what they were or what is the best way to go about it.

How much matcha and how much water should I include in the drink?

For some quick reference, I have the traditional items for preparing and drinking it.

I've tried different proportions of tea to water, yet can't seem to find just the right one that I once used, which was a proportion recommended by a nice lady at a Japan house / teahouse.

Thank you!

Well, this is pretty easily Googled:

But I think the best answer is that it's going to depend on your personal taste... the lady at the tea house may very well have given you different proportions than that website, but if you don't have any way of asking her again, you may just have to keep going with trial and error.

I am not an expert on the tea ceremony by any stretch of the imagination, but most things like this can vary according to the area and also to the individual's taste!

I can answer questions about daily life in Japan, modern Japanese culture, Japanese language including conversational Japanese, reading and writing, basic immigration law, family register issues, and general information about living, working, and raising a family in Japan. I can't answer questions about Japanese history except as it relates to modern lifestyles, criminal law in Japan, or specific questions about anime, manga, and other aspects of pop culture except as they relate to an overall understanding of Japanese culture. I cannot help you find your long-lost or estranged family members. Please contact a professional private investigator for people searches. Thank you.

I have a BA in Japanese and International Relations, and have lived in Japan continuously for the past seven years. I rarely use English in my daily life anymore and have managed to do a decent job of integrating into my Japanese community. I own a home and have two children in Japan, have personally held student, working, and spouse visas and am currently in the process of applying for Japanese citizenship. I feel that I am able to answer a wide variety of questions based on my education and personal experience.

BA in Japanese