Japanese Language/Invented demonym for science fiction story

Question
Hello, and thank you very much for being willing to answer questions.

There is a science fiction story with an extinct alien race, and scientists do not know much about this race. In this story, the author uses an invented word for the aliens. The invented word comes from the Greek language, and would mean  "older than God." Or, at least, that's the name the aliens themselves used for their race. If a Japanese person wanted to say "the older than God 国民," how might he or she say that? The archaeologist is explaining what the aliens called themselves, (according to an alien ideographic interpretation about with most archaeologists now agree). The archaeologist would not have any particular desire to claim the aliens were correct, nor to imply the the aliens were talking about any particular *human* conception of God.

Thanks for your valuable contribution!

Answer
I almost rejected this question because you're asking for archaic Japanese, of which I only have a very vague familiarity.

However, after checking it out a bit, I'm fairly confident that this expression would be the equivalent of "older than God" in Japanese: 神曩

It reads "Kamisaki".  Kami is the direct translation for "god" or "deity", saki means "before", "ahead of" or "previous to".

I'm not 100% on that, but if I had to express that in Japanese, that's how I would do it.

Hope that helps!

Japanese Language

Brian