Japanese Language/need to know what these say

staff or stick
staff or stick  

metal box
metal box  
Michael I was hoping you could tell me what these two items say. I have a lot more photos to email if it will help. Also, can you tell me what they are? Thanks for any help you can give me.

The wooden staff looks like one of the commemorative ones you can buy when hiking Mt. Fuji, as the stamps along it seem to indicate, "3rd Station", etc.

The box appears to be Chinese in origin based on its design, though the inscription 福寿 is readable in both languages and means "Long life and happiness".  

Japanese Language

Michael DePaula

Anything pertaining to daily conversation, music, historical/modern forms of Japanese-character writing, computer/IT-related vocabulary, and aquatic sciences.

14 years of Japanese study with about 10 of those years in Japan.

Global Underwater Explorers, Okinawa Underwater Explorers, Okinawa Freethought Society

Degree in Music Performance, University of Southern California. 10+ years working the IT/computer programming world. 8 years of amateur translation assistance. 8 years in marine conservation/technical dive exploration in Japan.