Japanese Language/Translation?

Question
I am talking to my Japanese friend and the language is not my forte. We are discussing a pairing of two people we both like (taohun). I have an idea of the translation but I want confirmation on it. Thank you!
Sentence: タオフン大好きなんです
Sorry if I'm being a burden! I know this question isn't a priority!

Answer
If you like someone, you would say, "<person's name> がすきです。" But that is what each of you would say.

If you both like the same person, Taohun in this example, you could say the above and s/he could reply with, "私も<person's name>が好きですよ" because s/he likes him/her too.

Japanese Language

Michael DePaula