Java/edit existing excel file using JXL in java

JavaBeginner wrote at 2010-01-06 09:58:51
Hi there,

I have written similar code and ran into the same problem. How ever I noticed that if I Physically opened the excel file (With Excel),  and then ran my code again the cells where now showing the correct Numbers. I think the problem is not the code or the math its self. The problem is that each cell is not updating or running the formula inside each cell when u call workbook.There for when u use  Cell.getContents() the contents remain the same, unless u open the file in excel and let all the cells “refresh”.

If  there is a way to refresh or run the formula in each cell from jxl I think this will solve the problem. But I do not know what the code is to do this or if it even exists. Would love to know, until then my program will remain unfinished. Any help would be much appreciated.

ErVeY wrote at 2010-10-15 13:30:52
have you look at that code ?? =S

this is copying the file (modifiying while copying), not editing the file

as far as i looked, no library do this

Gracy wrote at 2014-01-10 10:00:03
I haven't used JXL API because i use Aspose.Cells for Java API for managing my excel files. You can try this API i f you want:

http://www.aspose.com/java/excel-component.aspx

Java

Brian Ngure