Java/how string+int is resolved

Question
sir;
when we are writing

System.out.println("as"+x); x is an integer type of variable, then how ii is resolved.
1>x is converted to wrapper type and calls toString method and then added with  string
2>string class has already operator overloading which can take any primitive value  and return a string

which one is true?or is there any other mechanism

(if + operator is overloaded , then where is its definition, in java docs i dont find any operator overloading methods )..

Answer
The + cannot be overloaded by user code. The definition for what happens is listed in the JLS, not the java docs.

Effectively, the code is translated too:
StringBuilder s = new StringBuilder("as");
s.append(Integer.toString(x));
System.out.println(s.toString());

Although each compiler can do it differently as long as the result is a concatenated string. E.g. some compilers might use String.valueOf(x) instead.

Java

Artemus Harper