Java/Library Modification

Question
Hi Dear Artemus
I use a library in my java project, i need to change some code of one of classes of that library(i have its source).
Now how i can consider that changes into library?
Thanks in advance,
Sedighe.

Answer
Code in java is loaded by what appears first in the classpath. If you include the jar from your project before the library's jar (and the library isn't sealed) then you can simply include a modified copy of any java files of the library in your project which will be used instead of the one in the library.(you will need to keep the package name and the directory its stored in the same as the library).

If the library is preinstalled on the user's system then you will need to change the package names of the library you want to use. An IDE like Netbeans or Eclipse allows you to easily do this by using Refactor->Rename on the package.

Java

Artemus Harper