Java/Passing and returning array elements

Question

If I want to pass an array elment to have it changed, is the code below the proper way to do it? Note, I skipped the for loops I would use to add numbers to the array.

//ClassOneTest

ClassTwoTest classTwo = new ClassTwoTest();

int array[] = new int[4];

array[2] = classTwo.getElement(array[2]);

---------------

//ClassTwoTest

public int getElement(int element) {
    element = 5;
    return element;
}

Thanks

Answer
In the case you have, yes. int is a primitive and cannot be modified. For this reason, you can replace it in the array with another primitive. With class instances, it is possible to simply modify the item directly (which would modify all references to it). In that case you would have a void method and not return anything (or have the method return the same instance).

Java

Artemus Harper