Javascript/mobile development

Hello, Kevin Chisholm

I'm originally a web developer, and I just got started getting my hands on mobile development and responsive web development.

What are the best tool(s) to use to develop websites for mobile devices??? ( e.g. jquery mobile, html5)

Thank you

PS: If you can add more tools for mobile development please do so. I would appreciate if you can provide me with the features/disadvantages/advantages or each tool and when should or should not use one or the other

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your question.

In my opinion, it might be beneficial to focus more on mobile web development design patterns first. The more familliar you are with the kinds of challenges that face mobile / responsive developers, the more comfortable you will be choosing the tool that best fits each project you work on.

That said, here are are a few of the more popular technologies that mobile / responsive developers tend to leverage:

JavaScript Mobile-Specific Libraries

JavaScript Swipe Libraries

CSS Frameworks

Also: If you have an account, they have some very good tutorials (if you are not a member, it's the best $37.50 you can spend.)

I hope this was helpful. Please feel free to follow-up if there are any other questions you may  have.

Best Wishes,

Kevin Chisholm

Kevin Chisholm

I can answer questions about: JavaScript, Object-Oriented JavaScipt, JSON, AJAX, jQuery, HTML, CSS

I am a Front-End Web Developer living in New York City. I have provided services to titles such as,,,,,, and Being particularly passionate about Object-Oriented JavaScript as well as Web Standards, I spend a fair amount of time writing about / teaching Front-End Web Development techniques. In my free time I enjoy reading about advanced JavaScript, as well as Web Development trends and best practices. My Blog is: JavaScript-specific blog posts can be found here:

NYC Front-end Developers CSS3 / HTML5 The future of front end Front-End Engineers Javascript Syracuse University Alumni Network

Syracuse University - VPA - 1983 - 1987