Jeep Repair/rear wiper and lights for Jeep Cherokee

David wrote at 2013-05-16 02:48:27

I had a very similar problem on my 01' Sport.  Here's what happened:  I had a bike rack on the back, but the hooks for the rack had cut into the wiring harness on the top left side; this had exposed the wire and was causing the wiper motor to short out when the hatch door was down. When the hatch was up, the exposed wire was not making contact with the hatch body. The solution was to make sure the wires were all resealed.This took some time to do because there is so little clearance to the wires--and three of them had been completely severed. About 2.5 hours of my time saved a few hundred dollars at the dealer though.

Jeep Repair

Eric Beck

I can help you with any Jeep Cherokee questions. I have rebuilt, lifted, dropped, customized almost everything on a jeep. I am also very knowledgeable when it comes to cars and other trucks. One of my favorite things to work on is electrical problems. and Cooling issues. So take a minute and ask me a question and lets see if we can't get your rig back up and running! I also can answer questions about campers and motorhomes!

I have been the head tech at my dads shop for years, I have built more trucks and cars from nothing than most people will ever see in their lives, and I also Work on Motorhomes and RV's

Virginia beach jeeps off- road

AS in Bible and BS in Business administration

2008 best jeep, at ETA in virginia beach