Jeep Repair/2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition Overheat

Gary wrote at 2010-11-21 01:36:31
I had the Same problem but I located the 2 relays

next to the Battery box. There is one for High speed Fan and one for Low speed fan. Both relays are fed by the computer which determines which fan should run. My problem was an intermittent fan motor.I gave it a rap with a pair of plyers and it ran normally.I suspect it will have to be replaced sooner than later.Maybe a stuck brush in the motor or a bad solder connection.

Papa bear wrote at 2011-07-23 15:53:40
I just want to thank you for this posting it solve my over heating problems .

nick wrote at 2012-09-14 23:08:29
Change your water pump. I had the same problem. It was the water pump

nick wrote at 2012-09-14 23:08:29

Wee wrote at 2012-09-20 20:34:02
There IS a fan relay switch for the 2004 GC, if you get under the vehicle from the front on your back look to the right and it is there. They were having so many people coming in with this problem that they moved it to make it more accessible.

Hill2004 wrote at 2015-02-02 22:13:01
I may or may not have a problem I hope someone can help me. I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee special edition. I assume it has a cooling package because it has a radiator fan plus a clutch fan. I have replaced the clutch fan and cooling fan  and also tested the electric fan to make sure it works. It does not run hot but I have never heard the fan run . When I switch AC on it does not come on . Is it supposed to? Help

Njzjdave wrote at 2015-05-18 21:43:16
Yes it helps, thanks, im troubleshooting same thing on same year same engine. Seems like my fan runs on low when ac on and when in overheated state but never high And shuts off all together frequently. Tried swapping relays same results, going to have to get a new fan i guess...

Jeep Repair

Eric Beck