Jeep Repair/jeep cherokee sport shuts off

Question
QUESTION: Kevin, my sun purchased a 1999 jeep Cherokee sport 4.0L and it drove home fine.  Now it will not stay running.  It starts, then after a couple seconds, it shuts off; like the fuel pump is shut down.  I am sure it is a security issue and I think it has something to do with the keys.  I have a round grey, round black, and a triangular black key.  I have tried many things to try to reset the security, but nothing seems to be working.  Can you help? Thanks, Mark

ANSWER: whats the last 8 of the vin I will see what system u have

QUESTION: The last 8 characters of the VIN are XL506287. thanks

Answer
ok  u have what  is called a skim system  the gray key is the only one that will start and run the jeep   If u have already messed w the other keys and tried to start it 3x  then u will need to let it sit for awhile. If that does not work  put a charger on it and turn the key on for 1 hour to let it reset.

Jeep Repair

Kevin