Jeep Repair/jeep cherokee sport shuts off

QUESTION: Kevin, my sun purchased a 1999 jeep Cherokee sport 4.0L and it drove home fine.  Now it will not stay running.  It starts, then after a couple seconds, it shuts off; like the fuel pump is shut down.  I am sure it is a security issue and I think it has something to do with the keys.  I have a round grey, round black, and a triangular black key.  I have tried many things to try to reset the security, but nothing seems to be working.  Can you help? Thanks, Mark

ANSWER: whats the last 8 of the vin I will see what system u have

QUESTION: The last 8 characters of the VIN are XL506287. thanks

ok  u have what  is called a skim system  the gray key is the only one that will start and run the jeep   If u have already messed w the other keys and tried to start it 3x  then u will need to let it sit for awhile. If that does not work  put a charger on it and turn the key on for 1 hour to let it reset.

Jeep Repair

Free Dealer trained advice. Dealer trained 15 years Now owner of KEVIN'S MOBILE REPAIR in Atlanta GA I have a mobile Chrysler,Dodge and Jeep repair service in ATLANTA area Email me with Work requests Web page WWW.KEVINSMOBILEREPAIR.COM Master AC Master Drive ability Master Electrical Master Brakes Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep Tech for 14 Plus years Questions 96 and up only. Please don't ask about a noise,a fluid leak or how much something is to fix thanks.

15 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer 20 Years over all experience ACE cert Master AC Master Driveability Master Electrical

2 year associates degree for Chrysler CAP 14 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer