Jeep Repair/Grand Cherokee Jeep 2002

Question
QUESTION: Hello,

I don't know if I am being cheated or not. But I  brought my car in the shop for an inspection and it failed the inspection because the engine light is on and the garage shop said the diagnostic code is from the leak detection pumps. to replace it, it is around $170 (just for the part).The also said that after the replacement, I have to drive for 150 miles then come back so they can put the pass inspection sticker on.

I ask them what if the engine light comes back on again and they said that then we have to look for other issue. Does it sound like honesty to you?

I replaced the leak detection pumps 2 yrs ago. So I am not sure how often the leak detection pumps fails.

Thanks in advance for your inputs

ANSWER: did u tell the the LDP was replaced 2 years ago?

QUESTION: yes. replaced 2 yrs ago.

Answer
U told them this  right? the ones wanting to replace it again.
If they are insistent that that's is what needs to be done  then let them and tell them if it does not correct the issue I want the old one pout back on and then correctly find my prob please.

Jeep Repair

Kevin