Jeep Repair/blower motor swicth or control

Question
i have a 2002 jeep grand cherokee overland with the 4.7 v8 all wheel drive. my heater quit working took it in had it looked at i was told the blower motor switch was bad it had melted. is it a switch or a control or is it the resistoror is it the whole a/c heat control panel?

Answer
the ac control head  where u turn the knows would be a switch   iv never seen that melt before.   The blower motor resistor I have seen them melt. Look under driver side dash  it will be a thing with a green and black wire coming out of it to a little box looking item held in with 2 screws  that's the resistor.  If it has belted teh connector  U will need to get teh resistor which is usually updated  and the connector kit that keeps that from happening again.

Jeep Repair

Kevin