Jehovah`s Witness/shunning

Robert wrote at 2009-09-16 16:24:40
This person should actually pose this question to someone who is actually a Jehovah's Witness.  That way he/she can get an answer from pro and anti JW people so that he/she can get a balanced answer.

Please note that although the general members of the congregation are encouraged not to seek association with someone who has been found to have bad conduct, the elders of the congregation always have a responsibility to encourage that wayward person to repent and come back into the fold.

Generally Derrick, you have a somewhat distorted and incorrect view on the beliefs and practices of the JW organization.   But this is a free country, and so have at it.

Derrick wrote at 2009-09-17 20:54:07
I believe it is you, Robert, who doesn't seem to have an accurate knowledge of his own religion's beliefs.  I seem to remember extending you an invitation to write me, since you take exception to my telling people that the Society teaches that one must become a JW to be saved.  So far, haven't heard a thing from you.  But like you said....its a free country.

Rachel wrote at 2009-10-01 15:30:06
The above information is inaccurate. Also, the term, "disassociate" is no longer used in the congregation. One is known only as: "No longer being one of Jehovah's Witnesses". Also-prior to even being able to be "disfellowshipped," one must have made a dedication to God personally, and symbolized it by water baptism. Prior to this, several studies of the Bible are completed, where you come to the understanding that if you do certain things, you CAN be disfellowshipped. Some people perform what is considered a "gross sin", and are not "put out of the congregation." They are sorry for what they have done, and the congregation assists them and does not "put them out." All of this information can be found in the Organized book, which is based on the Bible, and if you had been even an unbaptized publisher (which is what you are before you even get baptized), you would know this already. It appears you do not.

Rachel wrote at 2009-10-01 15:31:24
Also, the "shunning" is to provide discipline which the wrongdoer will either repent and return to the congregation, which happens more often than you are letting on. The "shunning" is also a protection for the congregation.

Tim wrote at 2014-04-05 18:52:38
This person's answer is fraudulent to say the least.  Either he does not know what he is talking about and is pretending otherwise, or is purposely lying to promote his personal prejudice.  Typically, the latter is the motivation in these.  

Derrick wrote at 2014-04-06 12:16:35
Tim, the problem with people like you, is that you never actually show WHAT was inaccurate in the answer.  It was a short answer, so why didn't you?  Simple...Because it was accurate.  A common practice of JWs, is to simply accuse everyone of lying or distorting the facts, when they do it themselves.  

But if there is something in my answer that was wrong, then by all means....Show us.  Don't just make unwarranted statements, hoping people will believe them.  Show us what the error was.  Why didn't you do that to begin with?

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland