Jehovah`s Witness/7 "days" of creation

Andy wrote at 2012-12-12 18:51:21
In support of the separation of verse 1 of Genesis from verse 2 and the commencement of the 1st day from verse 3 is the term "And God proceeded to say" which term or similar term commences each day from verse 3.

After the phrase "there came to be evening there came to be morning" each day ended. Each new day started with  "God proceeded to say" Although a similar phrase is used during day 3 in verse 11, none of the days start without such a statement. Verse 1 & 2 do not include such a comment as creative day 1 had not started. So verse 1 is separate and distinct in referring to the unnumbered period of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.  No one says that time began in verse 3 and it is conceivable to conclude that the material universe was created separately from God's activity regarding the earth from verse 3.

Jehovah`s Witness

Elbert Spears