Jehovah`s Witness/I dont believe Charles Taze Russell was a man of God

jeff wrote at 2010-03-08 22:44:21
The fact is that the word Jehovah did not appear until the 17th century.  No where in the Bible do you see the name Jehovah so to say that is God's name is not following the Bible.  The Bible also does not teach that Jesus was created.  Jesus said He was the Alpha and Omega.  If you look at the context of Col 1 the term firstborn is clearly referring to position not creation.  Jehovah's witnesses say they believe only the Bible but the founder of the outfit, C. Russell stated that reading the Bible will lead only to darkness.  Is the watchtower God's organization?  What was on watchtower.org for the week following the disaster in Haiti?  Nothing about helping the people.  In reading the Bible, looking out for people in need is taught in the Bible.  Watchtower is a false prophet that Jesus warned us about that will fall under God's judgement.  What more proof, visit www.watchthetower.com

Brenton wrote at 2010-03-15 00:24:50
Jeff

You are correct the English rendering of YHWH had various forms eg

In 1749 the German Bible scholar Teller told of some different pronunciations of God’s name he had read: “Diodorus from Sicily, Macrobius, Clemens Alexandrinus, Saint Jerome and Origenes wrote Jao; the Samaritans, Epiphanius, Theodoretus, Jahe, or Jave; Ludwig Cappel reads Javoh; Drusius, Jahve; Hottinger, Jehva; Mercerus, Jehovah; Castellio, Jovah; and le Clerc, Jawoh, or Javoh.”

There were no written vowels in Hebrew.  They had no letter J.

We accept names such as Jerusalem Jehu, Joshua, Jeremiah, Jackob etc none of which had the letter J in them.  Not even the Greek rendering of Jesus had J in it. In Greek it is Iesous but we accept Jesus do we not.

In Col 1 Jesus was part of creation or the pre eminent one OF creation just as any firstborn of animal of human mentioned in the Old testament were a part OF the group they were firstborn or pre eminent of.

By the way you have been sadly mislead about C T Russell he NEVER said what you have been told he said about reading the Bible.  I have the full quotes that is taken out of context where anti JW opponents say he said that.  

Christ is King wrote at 2010-03-17 11:51:52
charles taze russel was a freemason he is buried in a masonic cemetery in pittsburg, he also has a giant pyramid as his tombstone which says watchtower written all over it, there are masonic symbols all over his publications . if you want the proof hit me bk and il send them. The watch towers roots are very deeply rooted in the occult believe it or not i have the proof.

Brenton wrote at 2010-04-23 02:20:57
Christ is King;

C T Russell was not a free mason.  Was not buried in a freemason cemetery and does not have a pyramid as a head stone.  The pyramids is in the middle of the cemetery plot owned by the WTBTS.  in recent times a mason temple was built adjoining the cemetery but they do not own the cemetery.

It id true he gave talks in mason halls to the public and masons.

I too have proof that he was not a mason as well as the extracts that some say proves he was. Please take note they are extracts not full texts.  

ResLight wrote at 2011-01-04 23:27:29
I agree with Brenton that Russell was not a member of the freemasons' organization. I wish to add that Rutherford's pyramid monument has no masonic symbols on it. Many, by use of what is imagined, assume that the cross and crown as well as the pyramid itself is "Masonic", and seem absorbed in an endeavor to prove that Russell was a freemason, using their imagination as such as basis to assert that the Cross and Crown is Masonic, etc. The tens of thousands of pages that have been produced from Russell's works, however, given overwhelming testimony that Russell was not a Freemason.

NAVY wrote at 2013-10-06 09:34:20
HI. I JUST READ WHAT YOU WROTE TODAY OCTOBER 06,2013 ABOUT ( THE BIBLE ALSO DOES NOT TEACH THAT JESUS WAS CREATED.)ACCORDING TO YOU WE MUST READ IT IN COLOSAS 1, I MUST SAY IN COLASAS 1:15,16 PLEASE READ IT INTO YOUR OWN BIBLE. IF YOU READ IT, I WANT TO ASK YOU 2 QUESTION, WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND AND DO YOU THINK WHAT GOD FIRST CREATED? I WILL  GIVE YOU A CLUE (3 CLUES)1. WORLD 2.HUMAN 3.ANGEL? AND PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME BY YOUR OWN BIBLE. THANK YOU

Brenton wrote at 2013-10-10 03:38:18
Hello NAVY,

Please ask the question by the normal means. I am happy to answer it.  This part of the forum is not for asking questions but for adding extra information to what has already been said

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn