Jehovah`s Witness/time of the end

Question
Hello having great difficulty in understanding the time span and correct year that Adam was born? some have it 4004,3761,jws have it 4026 i believe the watchtower and tract society were in great error on reporting that Armageddon would come in the year 1975???

how could the faithful and discreet slave class who some were present in bethel when the year was sent out???????
then they wrote and article in one of there books saying how do you know a false prophet when they make a prediction and it doesn't come true? so out of there own mouths they have condemned there self's to being a false faith???

and certainly have brought a reproach upon lord jehovah and his heavenly kingdom!!!

however i looked at all other religions and found much worst things happening so with all that said i will say the jws are the the closet faith to the Israelite back in the old testament and are very strict organization!

my question is this i don't perceive that knowing the birth of Adam will give the year of the beginning of the new millium?

if we knew the year Adam and eve were cast out of the garden we could get maybe the exact year not the day nor hour as prophesied?

PLEASE give me information on maybe  different year for calculation  the beginning of the thousand year reign of Christ??

all faiths i have checked with and they all got it wrong!!!! using the wrong starting year is the problem????? thanks

Answer
EDIT November 2013

Hi Rick,

I was looking through my previous messages and came across this one where I did not answer your question at that time because, I had, at that time, decided not to stay on allexperts because of the ads that kept popping up.  I had complained to the administrators and the offensive adds seemed to stop so I came back.

Looking back I should have answered your question and then stopped.  I am sorry for no having addressed your question at that time

The WTBTS (JWS) never …. “reporting that Armageddon would come in the year 1975 “....  What they did report was that according the Bible chronology that they had, 1975 was 6000 years since Adam was created, and not the start of the new  (biblical) millennium.  This issue first was raised in 1966 when the ETS published a chronology of Biblical events going back to Adam  Notice what was said  at an assembly as reported in the following Watchtower

*** w66 10/15 p. 631 Rejoicing over “God’s Sons of Liberty” Spiritual Feast ***

” In part, Brother Franz went on to say: ‘You have noticed the chart [on pages 31-35 in the book Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God]. It shows that 6,000 years of human experience will end in 1975, about nine years from now. What does that mean? Does it mean that God’s rest day began 4026 B.C.E.? It could have. The Life Everlasting book does not say it did not. The book merely presents the chronology. You can accept it or reject it . If that is the case”

end quote (old and underline mine)

A little further on in the same article we read

quote

‘What about the year 1975? What is it going to mean, dear friends?’ asked Brother Franz. ‘Does it mean that Armageddon is going to be finished, with Satan bound, by 1975? It could! It could! All things are possible with God. Does it mean that Babylon the Great is going to go down by 1975? It could. Does it mean that the attack of Gog of Magog is going to be made on Jehovah’s witnesses to wipe them out, then Gog himself will be put out of action? It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.”

end quote

In the big scheme of things time left is reduced just as the Apostle Paul wrote (1 Corinthians 7:29) 29 Moreover, this I say, brothers, the time left is reduced.” (1984 NWT)  The KJV reads “But this I say, brethren, the time is short:”

As far as God is concerned “that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” (2 Peter 3:8 KJV)  

No date was ever given for the creation of Eve which would mark the end of the end of the 6th creative day, but unfortunately they did speculate that Adam may have been alone for only a few months or at most a year or two, which caused many JWs to put their own ideas onto what was officially stated.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Rick.

I am leaving allexperts for the following reason

A family friend while doing an internet search came across my name on Allexperts and was some what upset by the advertisements that went along with this site.  

The adds seem to change depending on the subject under discution.  

So keeping in mind 2 Bible principles ….

(Luke 17:1-2)  “1then he said to his disciples: “It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come! 2 It would be of more advantage to him if a millstone were suspended from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones.”....... I do not want to be the cause of stumbling some one.

Also what Jesus said......(Matthew 5:27-28) 27 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to YOU that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. “

The friend that saw these pages thought I was condoning the use of dating sites.  I had never really thought of that before and so my conscience  has been affected by that and I can not condone the advertising of dating sites nor can I allow the conscience of a friend to be damaged by my actions.

I have been on this site since August 2004, and I will miss the interaction with people here, but I have to do what my conscience tells is is right.  I need to have freeness of speech when talking to others and, now that it has been brought to my attention that the adds here could be a course of stumbling I have to go

(1 John 3:19-21) "19 By this we shall know that we originate with the truth, and we shall assure our hearts before him 20 as regards whatever our hearts may condemn us in, because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things. 21 Beloved ones, if [our] hearts do not condemn [us], we have freeness of speech toward God;"

If you want to ask me any questions please do so by sending an email to me at bhepburn@ymail.com  Unfortunately you may have to wait a little longer before getting a reply.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn