Jehovah`s Witness/Should I bother with them?

Question
I receive a couple people knocking on my door on many weekends who wish to discuss the Bible and Jehovah's Kingdom.  So far, I haven't let them stay here long, but I am considering allowing them to come in to speak with me next time.  What should I expect?

Answer
Hello Sam,

It certainly sounds as if you are speaking of Jehovah's Witnesses as they made a comment about "Jehovah's kingdom".  If I were you, I would expect two genuinely kind-hearted people to come into your home and ask you questions to determine exactly who they are talking to.  They would like to begin a Bible Study, most likely using a little yellow book, "What Does the Bible Really Teach?"  It will take you through paragraph by paragraph with a set of questions to be answered regarding each paragraph.  If you begin to make progress over time, they will encourage you to visit their Kingdom Hall, continue your learning, and eventually baptize you as a brother or sister.  At some time, you could even be entering the hamster wheel of door to door ministry yourself.  You will be asked to read a lot of printed material, such as The Watchtower, and the Awake and accept their particular translation, the New World Translation.

I want to reiterate that this is absolutely a wonderful presentation, and 7 million people worldwide have made this decision to join this organization. They are loving to each other, and are zealously united to their cause.  If you are not familiar with Scripture, you will most likely accept most of their truths and began to offer trust in the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.  Their goal is for you to make allegiance to God and His spirit-directed Organization (also called the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society) by becoming baptized.  At that point, you are in with no honorable way out, unless you prefer being completely isolated from everyone on whom you once relied.

Well, that's what they want.  What do you want?  That depends on where you are at spiritually.  If you are weak, be polite and close the door.  If you are moderately grounded in scripture, allow yourself the benefit of the discussion.  It is truly interesting to hear.  If you are strong in the scripture, use this as an opportunity to witness to the lost.

IT IS VITAL TO SHARE THE MESSAGE OF THE LOVE OF JESUS.  Show them what Jesus Christ means to you and share your testimony.  Regardless of any other messages or doctrines that are debated, this will be simple fact.  Love them as they are human beings who are searching for Jehovah's approval.  You can show them Christ in you.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard