hai Dw

How come you JW's say that JESUS was not worshipped????
I mean clearly, the scriptures tells us that he was worshipped
Like: Heb 1:6 and many more...

Im confused

can you please explain the whole thing why he was NOT worshipped as you guys claimed???? I mean... I have read already many times here in this forum on how JESUS was NOT worshipped but still im not satisfied with all those anwers from your counterparts!!!(It's full of scholarly answer I cant relate) could you please explain this whole thing to me in a very simple way of yours???? I know that you'll be the only one who can help me with this.

Hello Dave.

Thank's for writing.

OK let me explain something to you.

Despite what Christendom tell you and even eastern religions in fact all of Babylon the great, the basic truth is ridiculously easy in fact it is so easy that some people think it can't possibly be the truth,because that's how easy it is. So people confuse it,over complicate the whole thing and make it ridiculous. Hence you get all sorts of stupid ideas floating around.

So what you have is basic starting points that you CAN'T deviate from and the rest of the truth slots into place around them. One of those points is this.

Jehovah is the ONLY TRUE God ,which means he is the ONLY ONE we should worship, right from the start that was the case

Exodus 20:

2 "I am Jehovah your God, who have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slaves. 3 You must not have any other gods against my face.
4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. 5 You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion"

It was scriptures like this that Jesus spoke of.

Matt 4:

10 Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! FOR IT IS WRITTEN, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is TO HIM ALONE you must render sacred service.

Jesus also told us that it was only Jehovah that we should worship here.

John 17:

1 "Jesus spoke these things, and, raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, ............ 3 This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the ONLY TRUE God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ"

So there is only ONE TRUE God that is THE FATHER or JEHOVAH.

1 Cor 8:

6 "there is actually to us ONE God THE FATHER"

So that can't change that is a fact the Bible tells us that is a fact ,Jesus even tells us that is a fact.

However when it comes to Jesus and others this is the point.

Now there are a few biblical words for worship the one we're interested in is this word "proskyneo". Now it can mean worship , but it also can mean do obeisance/bow down or show respect.

Here's an example

Rev 3:

9 "Look! I will give those from the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews, and yet they are not but are lying—look! I will make them come and do (proskyneo)obeisance before your feet and make them know I have loved you"

Now this Jesus talking to the Christians, so clearly he wasn't going to make humans worship other humans,so the word proskyneo here means obeisance.

Here's another example.

Gen 23:

7 "Thereupon Abraham got up and bowed down to the natives, to the sons of Heth"

Now this is in Hebrew however in Greek it also translates proskyneo. Now it's clear Abraham didn't worship these people. No he showed them respect.

Now there's a number of examples of this in the scriptures.

So the point is when it comes to Jesus the word used towards him is proskyneo ,now some Bible's translate that worship, but the correct translation of the word proskyneo with regard Jesus is "obeisance" how do we know?? The Bible tells us.

Matt 4:

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.