Jehovah`s Witness/1935

I have yet to see anyone give scriptres, BIBLE scriptures, for how 1935 marked the end of ingathering those with heavenly hope and marked the beginning of ingathering any other sheep with an earthly hope. What Bible verses do Jehovah's Witnesses have Robert Jones?

It's very simple. There are no Bible verses that describe an ingathering phase of anointed heavenly ones that would last from the time of the first disciples until 1935, to be followed after 1935 the ingathering of believers with a hope to live on a paradise earth. Jehovah's Witnesses believe absolutely that this is a Bible teaching and are not able to distinguish that this is purely an organization understanding.

I knew and old faithful brother from Brooklyn, NY who was baptized in 1919. During his younger years he was a Circuit Servant (servant to the brethren) and later became a District Servant. When I knew him he was an old brother but still a very zealous elder and pioneer. I asked him why he never professed to be of the anointed as he was baptized way before 1935. His reply surprised me. He said that when he got baptized in 1919 that everyone was taught that the ingathering of the 144,000 was complete and that any late-comers to truth, like him, were the great multitude of Rev. 7. In 1919 it was taught that the great multitude was a secondary heavenly group but not part of the elect 144,000 that would rule with Christ. This dear brother accepted his position as he was taught by the organization. He was not given Bible verse reasons, he was given organization understanding accepted as truth.

Later, at the convention in 1935, J. F. Rutherford gave a talk where he revealed [new light] about the great multitude. He revealed that this group was not a secondary heavenly group at all, that they were the great multitude that would inhabit a paradise earth. Then he asked who among them at the convention was of this great multitude? Or course thousands responded that they were. So in one full swoop, thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses changed their identity from being of the secondary heavenly great multitude to being the great multitude that would live on a paradise earth.

In even later years a troubling phenomenon has occurred where many newer ones are professing to be of [the anointed]. These later date anointed include almost all of the Governing Body who were almost all baptized after 1935. And so The Watchtower magazine periodically slips in sly explanations for how 1935 can still be true and yet there are new anointed members all the time, including most GB memebers. But in short, no Bible verses, only understandings and gyrations of verses are made to apply to something that does not exist in scripture.
Robert Jones

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.